Meisner beginners course
SUMMER COURSES COMING!
Have you ever found it hard to be truthful on stage?
Do you feel self-conscious on stage, or on camera?
Do you need a reliable acting system to follow?
This course of five sessions (meeting once a week) will work intensively on the first stages of the Meisner Technique.
Focusing on the repetition exercise, expert Meisner teacher, Dominic Kelly, will get you to:
- respond truthfully in the moment
- take your attention off yourself
- free your instincts
- give you renewed faith in yourself as an actor
Class numbers are small (max 6 people per session) to give you the time you deserve & ensure you make the most of the course.
Sessions do not have to be taken consecutively! If you miss a week that’s ok, you can carry on the week after – provided the module is completed within two months of your first session.
“Dominic Kelly’s classes capture the same unique spirit and essence I received whilst studying at the Neighbourhood Playhouse, the birthplace and home of the Meisner technique.” - NEIL ALLEN, actor
Who could benefit from this course?
- Actors who feel out of practice & want to brush up their skills
- Anyone seeking a systematic approach to acting
- Actors looking to unlock their emotional potential & conquer self-consciousness
What do you get?
(Besides an approach to unlocking emotional potential…)
- Practice at working moment to moment with another actor
- Focused feedback and individual attention
- A supportive environment to explore personal challenges
- A small intimate group of co-students
When do I need to be available?
From the 5th of June to the 3rd of July: Tuesday mornings, from 11.00am to 2.00pm in Studio 3 at The Cockpit, Gateforth St, Marylebone, NW8 8EH.
From the 15th of June to the 13th of July: Friday evenings, from 18.30 to 21.30 in Studio 3 at The Cockpit, Gateforth St, Marylebone, NW8 8EH.
Spaces are limited, so book quickly!
Cost? £160 for 5 sessions; £60 deposit secures your place
How do I book? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Dominic teaches in a very relaxed yet focused way. With great honesty, respect, humour and sensitivity, he is able to tap into whatever it is you need as an actor to be the very best that you can be.”
- WILL KEMP, actor. Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake, The Car Man & Van Helsing (dir. Stephen Sommers)